Edge of Space
Special Edition Features
(will be available at launch, not before):
- Pet: Sugar Glider
- Extra Pickaxe: Diggs faster!!!
- Edge of Space Sound Track
- Edge of Space PDF Art book
ABOUT THE GAME
Free Beta Weekend for Edge Of Space March 8, 9 And 10!
This weekend, starting on 7 pm EST, Friday, March 8 through 7 pm EST, Sunday, March 10, players can join in a free beta experience for the spacefaring adventure title Edge of Space. Edge of Space challenges players to build, create, mold, and fight to survive in the deepest, darkest, weirdest, and possibly most interesting part of the universe. With thousands of players already taking part in the on-going beta, now is the perfect time to explore the unknown thrills and dangers found in Edge of Space. The Free Weekend Beta keys will be given out in waves and a specific number is not set.
Interested? Follow this link to download an Edge of Space beta code: www.playedgeofspace.com/
To add to that, we can now announce if you pre-order Edge of Space through RainDG, you will be able to request a Steam key if and when Edge of Space launches on Steam. Head over to Greenlight to help make that happen! http://bit.ly/X3NMIw
Don’t forget pre-purchasing gives you Beta access!
What IS Edge of Space?
Edge of Space is a 2D survival, exploration, terraforming, crafting, and building game. It places you in a dynamic open-world sandbox where you must build, create, mold, and work to survive in the deepest, darkest, weirdest, and possibly most interesting part of the "un-known" universe. The world itself is alive, and working against you. You can't let your guard down, or everything you've worked for will be lost!
What is the story?
The story centers around you, as an ArkCo recruit. As one of the few, proud, and lucky men and women of ArkCo, you must go where no one has wanted to go or was technically “meant” to go. After an indeterminate time in cryo-sleep, you awake to find yourself in a lonely, Bermuda Triangle-like area in the depths of space. There is no way back, you are on your own, and you must fight to survive. Your only hope lies in your knowledge of ArkCo's incredible technologies. Now you must find the materials to produce them in your deadly new home. Can you find what it takes to thrive in the depths of space?
What about the gameplay? How is it different?
Edge of Space features some of things you would expect from a 2d sandbox but then expands in those concepts. In Edge of Space, the very environment is aware of your presence, and will work AGAINST you. The world is immersed in various deadly exposures, further challenging you as you attempt to explore and tame the environment. You must create a breathable atmosphere, capable of sustaining life. Should you cease to maintain that atmosphere, the world will overtake your base, and revert to its original deadly state. Features such as gas simulation, streamlined power grid system, co-op weapons, non-linear advancement system, reactive environment, global goals, and a unique crafting system all enhance the experience. The player vs. environment feel brings different spin to the genre, pitting the player against far more than just mobs. You will be constantly challenged to terraform bigger and bigger portions of the world to keep your hold on it, and ultimately to conquer it all.
- Vaulted server-stored characters
- Mega-deep exploration elements and ultra-rare items to seek out to help you dominate your world
- A wide choice of vehicles, armors, weapons and variations of each to suit your method of play
- Hordes of enemies and epic bosses: Enemies that have unique attack patterns and different vulnerabilities to exploit. One weapon will not rule them all!
- Integrated IRC chat client grants gamers complete freedom to talk with friends, whether or not they’re currently in the game
- Deep crafting system unique to the genre
- Reactive environment, as you do things the world will change and respond to those actions
- Co-Op Weapon, Weapons used in tandem or comboing with your friends create unique effects or work together nicely
- Fully modifiable world
- Do everything with your friends, as edge of space is built for multiplier from the ground up
|OS:||Windows XP, Vista or Windows 7 Required|
|Processor:||2.9 GHZ or higher|
|RAM:||1 GB or higher|
|Video Card:||512 MB Video Memory|
|Hard Drive:||900 MB of free space|
|DirectX®:||9.0c or Greater|